Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Giving Tuesday & My LA Marathon Ambition



On March 15th, 2015, I have committed to running my first ever full marathon! I plan on running all 26.2 miles in honor of my non-profit, P.S. ARTS dedicated to improving the lives of children through arts education. 

The ASICS LA Marathon will be hosting it's 30th event and I am proud to be a registered participant this year. Especially for a cause so dear to my heart. 

I do not consider myself an artist; however, I do enjoy the arts.  As a kid, I loved painting, choir, dance, and trying to play every instrument I could get my hands on. The arts impact even those who aren't artistically inclined and have helped me become a more creative thinker and problem solver as an adult. 

My younger brother is an incredible artist. Sometimes I don't think he realizes it but it's true. He plays multiple instruments, is a talented singer and even can be caught sketching from time to time. Currently studying Film at SDSU, he has a unique eye for design and creativity unparalleled by anyone else I know. We were lucky to grow up in an environment at home and attend schools that fostered these talents but many children aren't as lucky. 

P.S. ARTS is the only organization in Southern and Central California that provides yearlong arts education in dance, visual arts, music, and theater arts to every child during the regular school day. Without our programs, children in these school would not have access to the arts. 

Since today is Giving Tuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back, I thought it would be a great time to launch my fundraising efforts. I have set a personal goal to raise $1,000 for our programs and would greatly appreciate a donation of any size to assist me in reaching my fundraising goal. All donations are tax deductible and help us provide dance, music, theater and visual arts programs to more than 20,000 students in 51 schools each and every week. With the cost only being $250 per student to have an arts education the entire year, any and all donations are significant. 

Thank you so much for your time and I greatly appreciate your consideration to support me and Team P.S. ARTS! :)

Sincerely, 
Chelsea 

To make a donation online now, please visit my personal page. You're also welcome to write a check made out to P.S. ARTS, with my name in the memo and mail to our office at 1728 Abbot Kinney Blvd. #101 Venice, CA 90291

No comments:

Post a Comment