Here are my favorite recipes for this holiday season. Fun names you’ll enjoy saying just as much as you will enjoy drinking them. If you try one (or all of them) let me know which was your favorite!
Rudolph’s Tipsy Spritzer
- 5 cups of orange juice
- 2 cups chilled lemon-lime soft drink
- 1 ½ cups vodka
- ½ cup maraschino cherry juice
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Garnish with lemon slices. Makes about 9 cups.
(Southern Living – December 2008)
This next recipe is one of my personal favorites. The first time I tried it was in London, the taste always brings me back. J It’s basically warm sangria, only better.
- 1 bottle of merlot or other red wine, chilled.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 sachet mulling spice blend
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 bag frozen unsweetened strawberries
- ½ orange, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1 can club soda
Combine 1 cup wine, sugar, and sachet in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes. Removed from heat, cool. Discard sachet. Pour mixture into a pitcher; add remaining 3 cups wine. Chill and add juice, strawberries, orange, and club soda.
Makes about 8 cups.
(Julie Hasson, Cooking Light – December 2008)
Frozen Cranberry Margaritos
- 1 can frozen mojito mix
- ¾ cup tequila
- ¼ cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Blend and serve! Makes about 5 cups.
(Southern Living – October 2007)
For more delicious recipes check out my Pinterest board: Tis the Season